Karen A. Nelson


In everyday life we hear people say the word designer about clothing and home furnishings, and we immediately associate it with high cost.  Does this always have to be the case?  What is it that actually makes one outfit look better than another, or one room look better than another?  I believe it is in the way you piece it together and the confidence that you feel either wearing the item or showing off you room.




I am attaching a grouping of pictures and I would like you to guess how much this cost.



This room was done by gift cards!!!  The out of pocket cost for the client was 5 dollars!!!  We had 100.00 at Target, 80.00 at Wal-Mart and 20.00 at Lowes!  I designed the room and the client had her artistic daughter paint the walls!!!!

Christmas is right around the corner, gift cards will be flowing in, maybe this time you should put them towards the room you have always dreamed of!!!

Don't forget to check out our website www.designwithyourdimeinmind.com to view our portfolio and pricing!!!  Gift Certificates are also available to Give The Gift of Design for your friends and family this holiday season!!!


1 Response
  1. Kat Says:

    What a pretty room! I love your concepts and have tried to do something very similar in parts of our home.

    We live in a two bedroom townhouse (so tiny!) and have two kids (boy and a girl 6 years apart. When the baby was born I knew I would have to get creative finding someplace to put her. Our walk- through closet was pretty much the best option.

    Not counting her bed, I think I spent about $60 and she's been living in there comfortably for two and a half years now. She loves her cozy little "bedroom."

    I'll admit I am little jealous you get to do this for a living! =)


Post a Comment

Go ahead! Share your thoughts with me.